Friday, September 14, 2012

Hollings Cancer Center

It's always fun to see the final results from photo shoots, as many times it's not until several months after the shoot that the images are displayed or in print. The other day I was at Hollings Cancer Center for a shoot and got to see the large displays I photographed for Hollings' Clinical Trials campaign.  Hollings is a long time client and I really enjoy working with all the folks over there.  Not only have I been able to have a glimpse in to the incredibly important cancer research they are doing (they are a designated National Cancer Institute), I've also had the opportunity to meet and photograph some of their amazing survivors.  Cancer survivors who have participated in Clinical Trials have been the subjects of these photos and each one has been a true joy to photograph. Through photography I get to meet all sorts of people, and I have especially enjoyed meeting this group of people.  It seems that sometimes those faced with the most adversity, have the best outlook on life.  I found that to be the case with these people.  Here are the displays which appear around the halls of Hollings.  Each person was photographed participating in one of their hobbies or doing something they enjoy.




The image of Jill Bradley was one of the most difficult, but also one of the most fun.  We photographed in the pool at the MUSC Wellness Center, and as is probably obvious from the final image, I was in the pool also.  I was lucky enough to have a photographer friend loan me her underwater housing, which was essential for pulling of this shoot.  There is actually a lot of nice natural light which comes in to the indoor pool through the skylights, but we still had to supplement with a few strobes.  Jill was a real trooper and swam "at" me several times while I backed up as quickly as possible.  She is an excellent (and fast) swimmer so pulled it off with ease, thanks Jill!

2 comments:

  1. Seeing the photographs seems u have enjoyed a lot in the photo shoot for Holling's Clinical Trials campaign. It was wonderful to read your blog and will come back to read more.

    Cancer treatment centers philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjorie, thank you so much for the kind words! I am glad you enjoyed the photos and post.

      Delete